In the Hands Switch Card Trickby John Kurlak
The magician shows a card and places it face down on the table. Then, the magic shows another card and places it face down in the spectator's hand. The spectator places her hand on top of the card so that the magician cannot get to it. Then the magician picks up the card on the table, waves it over the spectator's hand, and shows that he now has the spectator's card. The spectator turns over the card in her hand to reveal that she has the magician's original card.
- Perform a double turnover, and call out the name of the visible card.
- Turn the two cards back over onto the deck, and place the top card (the one that wasn't shown) face down onto the table.
- Perform another double turnover, and call out the name of the visible card.
- Turn the two cards back over onto the deck, and place the top card (the card that was originally called out) face down into the spectator's hand.
- Have the spectator place her other hand overtop of the card.
- Pick up the card from the table, and perform a top change.
- Now you should have the spectator's card in your hand, and the spectator should have your card in her hand.
- Wave your card overtop of the spectator's hand, and then turn it over.
- Tell the spectator to turn over the card in her hand.