Double Lift Card Sleightby Richard Neve (1716)
Show two cards as if they were one.
- Start by holding the deck in dealer's grip.
- Rest the tip of your other hand's middle finger on the short edge of the deck that is farthest from you.
- Rest that same hand's thumb on the short edge of the deck that is closest to you.
- Use that thumb to secretly lift two cards vertically about a quarter inch from the deck.
- Take both cards and lift them away from the deck between your middle finger and thumb.
- Turn over the cards as one in the air, as if you were opening a book.
- Show the face of the second card, and then turn your hand back over, dropping the two cards, as one, back onto the deck.