Impossible Catch Card Trickby Joe Janeda
The spectator chooses a card, signs it, and places it back into the deck. The magician then takes the deck, gives it a shuffle or two, and then springs the cards into the air. As the cards are falling, the magician reaches into the air and grabs one. It is the spectator's card!
- Allow the spectator to select any card. Split the deck at the spot where the spectator took her card.
- Give the spectator a Sharpie marker with which to sign her card.
- Ask the spectator to replace her card on top of the bottom half of the deck.
- Place the top half of the deck on top of the spectator's card, injogging it.
- Push up on the spectator's injogged card to get a break below it.
- Use the Bottom Herrmann Pass to control the spectator's card to the bottom of the deck.
- Perform a few bottom retention overhand shuffles, keeping the signed card on the bottom of the deck.
- Now, get the bottom card into a Gambler's cop. Lower your palming hand as you lift the deck with the other hand so that the bottom of the deck is facing straight in front of you.
- Spring the cards into the air (making sure not to hit the spectator with any cards).
- As the cards are falling, move the hand with the palmed card into the mass of falling cards.
- Flick the spectator's card into your fingertips with your pinky, as if you caught the card in mid air.
- Wait for the remaining cards to fall and the spectators to react.